"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Together We Affirm:
“One with God, one with each other, we go forth to fulfill our mission in the world.”
To contact the Transition Team
Rev. Deborah Montoya, Associate Minister
During the transition, Rev. Montoya will receive and disseminate information from Unity Worldwide Ministries to keep our church up-to-date on important information from Unity Village, and assure our continuing alignment with Unity policies and procedures.
To contact Rev. Deborah Montoya
Committee Members (Left to Right): Mervyn Jackman, Donnie Davis, Pam Chin, Jeffrey Ball, Gerri Rocker (chair), Shauna Edwards, and Denise CandelarioType your paragraph here.
Transition Team Members (In order left to right): Jackie Johns, Melba Ceballos, Carla Forbes, Israel Bernal, Mamie Spring (Chair), and Norma Hill.
For questions, comments, etc., regarding the search process
Board of Trustees: (in order from left to right) Marvelle McIntyre-Hall (President), Greg Simpson (Vice President), Yoland Scott, Jeff Ball, Jackie Johns, and Preston Cowvins.
Copyright 2017. Unity Center of Miami. All rights reserved.
During the Transition the Board of Trustees Will:
- Work with the transition and search teams to facilitate the transition consistent with the mission of UCM
- Continue with the governance duties and responsibilities for the effective operation of the church as well as the maintenance of the property and sanctuary.
- Work with the Search Committee in fashioning a minister's job description and salary offer unique to the vision of UCM
- Attend transition workshops in order to be knowledgeable about vital information for the transition process.
- Assure church's financial readiness for transition to a new minister
- Oversee church finances and monitor our fiscal health.
- Continue to support our spiritual community in prayer as we move through the transition process.
To contact the Board of Trustee
The Search Committee will have responsibility for developing and following a systematic and prayerful process to help Unity Center of Miami find a minister whose spiritual gifts will help the Church fulfill its mission of “teaching, empowering, and supporting adults and children in the transformation of their lives through their oneness with God.”
Search Committee Key Components:
- Disseminate church survey to obtain congregants’ input on desired leadership attributes and competencies for developing a profile of prospective minister;
- Conduct workshop to discuss survey results and assist Board of Trustees with developing subsequent profile for interested candidates clarifying characteristics, goals and key result areas;
- Coordinate search phase including posting vacancy with Unity Worldwide, identify qualified candidates, review resumes, conduct initial screening process, and recommend finalists for face-to-face interviews;
- Provide immediate notification, of receipt of resume, to all ministerial applicants;
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling of telephone interviews of finalist candidates;
- Check finalists’ previous employment/ references and conduct background check before inviting candidate to address the congregation;
- Prepare interview packet for Board of Trustees for finalist interviews;
- Send appropriate correspondence to ministerial applicants who will not be invited to participate in the interview process;
- Maintain open lines of communication with Board of Trustees, Transition Team and congregation throughout search process.
The Transition Team will assure that Unity Center of Miami continues to serve its congregants uninterrupted during this time of transition to a new senior minister. We are the coordinating element to make certain weekly worship services, annual services and events, guest speakers, and workshops, as well as the regular daily functioning of Unity Center of Miami takes place The Transition Team Will:
- Support continuity of essential programs and overall church stability during transition period.
- Maintain church calendar of weekly worship activities, speakers, and workshops.
- Work closely with team leaders to coordinate weekly and special church activities.
- Engage congregants to expand participation in church activities and to actively participate in all transition workshops to increase understanding and ownership of the process of selecting new spiritual leadership.
- Schedule classes and confirm facilitators.
- Work closely with board of trustees and search team during transition period and assure that congregation is kept up to date on selection progress.
- Provide monthly reports to board of trustees identifying transition team progress-concerns.
- Review and approve weekly expenses with business manager.
- Schedule counseling appointments, Christening, weddings, etc.
- Respond to church correspondences.